In the last decade, the communications industry has experienced more change than in its entire history. Service providers are struggling to offset declining average revenue per user (ARPU) in business to consumer (B2C) services with new digital content services and business to business (B2B) services to selective verticals.
While digital services have produced pockets of opportunity, communications providers have struggled with how to monetize content. Meanwhile, over-the-top (OTT) players are threatening current and future revenue streams. With ever increasing bandwidth and the explosion of mobile, tablet and intelligent devices and the tight connection between communications, content and media providers, the pressure has never been greater.
Intense competition around the globe is driving providers to look for new ways to personalize their interactions with customers to secure market share. This is resulting in consolidation, cooperation and new alliances to compete with OTT players and expand the service footprint. Market expansion into verticals such as transportation, smart energy and e-health hold the potential to create opportunities for selling packaged end-to-end solutions.
With this backdrop, traditional telecom billing systems are crumbling under the pressure and getting in the way of launching new offers, bundling digital services and significantly delaying time-to-market. The battle for the customer will be won based on a provider’s ability to quickly deliver value-added applications directly or alongside OTT providers as well as move into new verticals.
Our solution for telecom billing provides communications providers with a competitive edge by:
- Turbo charging high-growth services including B2B, cloud, digital, and M2M/IoT
- Providing flexible pricing models including subscriptions, usage, negotiated B2B agreements, multi-sided business models, complex services and cross product discounting and bundling
- Monetizing services across verticals including transportation, utility, health and financial industries
- Making changes to business models on the fly, providing future proofing for new revenue structures and sources
- Supporting partner compensation for content
- Providing inter-provider settlement for network functions virtualization (NFV) based services
- Supporting a single bill for multiple products and services
- Delivering real-time usage information to customers and partners for all services, eliminating B2B bill shock and creating up-selling opportunities